Mother of 2 children plus many others that also call me mom!!! Love knowing that other kids love me enough to include me in their world too!! Have been with Tim since my senior year in high school. As of today that makes 26 years! I love my job, I am an Insurance Agent and am good at it, but it's easy, I have great clients!! Feel incredibly blessed every day! Have two kids in college and now realizing that I need to find out who I am, so in my quest to try new things I have a blog! Who knows why or what but here I am! New adventures await!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

2nd of 52 things - Caving while on Vacation

The act of going on vacation is a big deal to me!  You have to make arrangements for the kids (if they aren't going) and for the dogs -  PLUS, the clean-up of the house in the event you get killed in an accident - I mean, heaven forbid that anyone finds my house in it's normally unorganized messy state!! Well, this year Tim and I decided to go on vacation!  Just the two of us!!  So, that meant leaving the dogs with Ericka to watch and hoping/praying the two kids got along and didn't kill each other since we were 6 hours away.  

A week ago today, we went to Eureka Springs, stayed at "Little Cabin in the Woods" a little private cabin at Beaver Lake.  Let  me say, this  
lake and cabin were so serene, peaceful and beautiful!!!  This rock ledge on the upper right was along the private drive to our cabin - gorgeous and scary drive in - to say the least!!!  The view from the back deck was so nice that we ate every meal there.  We had a little hummingbird that we named Mr. Beasley because of it's tuxedo coloring, it reminded us of Mr. Beasley (the butler) from the show Family Affair.  Very neat watching the little guy everyday!

To the right is the cove and dock where we kept the boat. We 
almost didn't take the boat, but were so thankful that we did because we saw parts of the lake that we would not have been able to see without it.  I bet we put at least 30-40 miles on the boat in the 4 days we were there.  And that is with fishing included.  The water was always like glass except for a about 4 - 5 hours in the afternoon and then it would have ripples, but always settled down.  The lake was a turquoise/greenish blue.  If the water was a bit shallow or next to rocks, it looked green.  Didn't swim but could have, the water was 78 degrees. 

We did go in a cave.  I am counting it as one of my 52 things to try.  The turkey blue cheese burgers were strange by the way, kind of like little meat loafs on buns with blue cheese in them.....Anyway....I decided  that caving was a big deal as I am petrified of heights.  So, we went to Cosmic Caverns.  We were told that the steps would be slick and narrow and that we were going 300 feet down into the cave.  So, we start down.  The first 20 steps were enough to do me in.  Tim was behind me and he was certain I was turning back.  Nope.  I didn't.  Bound and determined to trek forward even though my heart was in my throat.  I would take a step, then breath, take a step then breath, and this continued for a long while.  Needless to say, Tim and I were at the end of the line as to not hold up the others!  It was fine, I survived BUT did NOT agree to take the high risk trip.  It was a special trip that you could do after hours and involved rock climbing and free-style caving.  I need structure so that was NOT for me!  The cave was interesting and pretty.  The picture above is of the bottomless lake inside.  Divers have been in that lake to find bottom, but only to 700 ft down.  They had to come up because the rocks were cutting their suits and breathing lines.  The divers never found bottom.  

All in all, once I got used to the hairpin turns and steep roads, the trip was great, we had a little mini-honeymoon which was very much needed!  All couples should spend time reconnecting!  Tim and I have laughed several times at the things that we would both be thinking and would say out loud to find the other was thinking it too - guess that means we are connected much more than we thought!  After 26 years there are times that you wonder if you lose touch, but Tim and I are so ingrained that apparently we have not.  I hope when we are older, we are like the old couple on Web Camera 101 for Seniors on youtube!!!  They are adorable!

Well, back to the reality of wife, mother and insurance sales!!!  

Have a great week everyone!  Hugs to all!



2 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful trip! Mitch thinks I'm crazy because I stress out over making sure my house is super duper tidy before a trip. Let's make a deal - if something happens to either one of us, the other will offer to go in and clean out each other's closets before anyone else arrives :)

    danielle

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.