Mother of 2 children plus many others that also call me mom!!! Love knowing that other kids love me enough to include me in their world too!! Have been with Tim since my senior year in high school. As of today that makes 26 years! I love my job, I am an Insurance Agent and am good at it, but it's easy, I have great clients!! Feel incredibly blessed every day! Have two kids in college and now realizing that I need to find out who I am, so in my quest to try new things I have a blog! Who knows why or what but here I am! New adventures await!

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Interesting week......

I tend to be a bit of a hermit.....so when the opportunity arises to spend alot of time with other folks I will usually shy away from that.  But this week was busy and did not have any time to be a hermit.

Went to church to celebrate their 50th anniversary - beautiful service!  I can honestly say I never expected Bishop Scott to pull out his cell phone and read his scripture reading from his phone!!!!   I kept thinking that 50 years ago I am sure no one would have dreamt this would happen!

Then we had our Rotary Picnic - there we met 6 Australians here as part of the GSE team, Father Alphonse and our K-9 Police team, Jason & Kosmo and Tony & Carla.  It was a beautiful evening shared with approx 70 other folks.  The food was prepared by Rich and Pat Denno - wonderful as always!!

Here is what I learned from our Australians:  Chickens and turkeys are called meat birds;  If a young person wants to farm they must acquire their family farm or it is much too prohibitive for them to do it on their own;  They have had a 20 year drought with a 2 year flood;  Lamb is primarily their main meat source; Vegimon is a spread they use like peanut butter;  Good Day Mate is generally their greeting of choice; They have a horrendously large population of poisonous snakes and spiders;  Malbec wine is not their first choice of wine;   Our food is much saltier and sweeter than theirs;  Kangaroo and crocodile are considered exotic meats - not eaten on a normal daily basis;  Whew, there you have it - and I know I missed some things, but interesting silly trivia to start your Saturday!

Habitat for Humanity had their annual fund raiser.  I had the pleasure of sitting with our new home recipients.  I can say, they are such a sweet family!  Three kids.  11, 7 and 5.  Those three children were able to carry on a conversation and were so very polite!  Chad and Mary Frey were there.  I was dubbed Auntie Kim to their babies.  Awwwww, I have another two kiddos to add to my list!

Had the joy of having lunch with one of my adopted kiddos - Tana. 

Spent time with a group of coffee buddies and discussed ethics.  Ending each statement with "is that wrong" - and based on perceptions there was always a grey area......but many laughs.

Had the sadness of watching a community mourn the tragedy of losing one of our own in a car accident while coming together for the children that remain.  In those tragic moments people here come together.  Very proud of our community.

Life has a way of slowing us down........we must take take that time to listen.....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.